Creates new NURBS curves in the scene by placing CVs.
New CV Curve Options
A “knot” is the parameter value at an edit point.
– The chord length parameterizes the new curve edit points in current units. The chord length is the cumulative straight line distance between consecutive edit points. The starting point of the curve has the parameter 0.0, and the ending point has the parameter equal to the total chord length of the curve.
– The new curve edit points have integral parameters: the first edit point is parameter 0.0, the second is 1.0, and so on.
The mathematical degree of the curve created, which control the number of CVs per span: 1 (linear), 2 (quadratic), 3 (cubic), 5 or 7. The default is 3.
Turn on this option to see the curve immediately after two CVs have been placed, regardless of the value of .
The degree of the curve is gradually increased as CVs are placed down, up to the final degree of the curve. After two CVs, the curve will have degree 1, after three CVs, the curve will have degree 2, and so on.
Specifies the initial position of the curve's pivot points (both rotation and scaling).
– The pivot points are located at (0, 0, 0).
– The pivot points are located at the position of the first CV, that is, the start of the curve. This is the default.
– The pivot points are located at the position of the last CV, that is, the end of the curve. The pivots position is re-calculated and displayed every time a new control point is placed.
– The pivot points are located in the middle of the curve, based on arc length. (This is the same position as in the box.) The pivots are placed at the first CV until there are enough CVs to form a span, and then are re-calculated and displayed every time a new span is created.
– The pivot points are located at the center of the curve's bounding box. The pivots position is re-calculated and displayed every time a new control point is placed.
Create vertical and horizontal guidelines at each point you create.