Creates a custom playback sequence for irregular keyframe progressions.
Posing an animation sequence
- Create an animation using any of the Alias animation tools.
- To create a custom playback sequence, choose from the menu.
The system prompts:
Enter frames in pose animation:
- Type the frame times at which you want to view the poses.
For example, if you want to set poses for frames 5, 23, and 40, type: 5 23 40
- To start the pose animation sequence, open the Playback Options window (Animation > Editors > Playback Options ) and under the Animation Options heading, set to ON. Close the window.
- Choose Animation > Show > Playback to view the pose animation.
- Change the pose animation by redoing , or temporarily disable the pose animation in the Playback Options window by setting Pose Animation to OFF.
Pose Animation Options
The method by which the pose animation keyframe times are chosen.
– Click to display three sliders:
The , , and values you specify are used to create an evenly spaced time sequence (For example: Start = 1.0, End = 10.0, By = 2.0; creates Pose sequence = 1.0, 3.0, 5.0, 7.0, 9.0)
– You are prompted to type in a sequence of frame numbers to use as the pose animation (similar to the input in the Animation > Keyframe > Set Keyframe tool).
– Searches the currently enabled playback channels and sets a pose sequence frame at every defined keyframe in those channels. This is useful for showing the defined animation poses. To set playback channels, use the Animation Options section of the Playback Options window.