Table of contentsNo headers
Panel Layout tools create intelligent mechanical / panel layout drawings. Here are the key features:
- Layouts can be driven from information carried on the AutoCAD Electrical schematic wiring diagram drawings or they can be constructed independently of schematics.
- AutoCAD Electrical places no requirements on special naming or attribute requirements on mechanical footprint symbols. Vendor-supplied footprint symbols, in AutoCAD format, can be used as is with AutoCAD Electrical.
- Bi-directional update capabilities allow certain schematic wiring diagram edits to update the panel drawings automatically and vice versa.
- Wire number, wire color/gauge information, and connection sequencing data can be extracted directly from the schematics and annotated on to the panel footprint representations.
- AutoCAD Electrical extracts various reports from these smart panel layout drawings including panel BOM, panel component/item lists, nameplate reports, and schematic versus panel exception reports.
Access panel layout tools
You access the AutoCAD Electrical panel layout command set from either the main Panel Layout option on the Electrical pull-down menu or from a panel-specific toolbar.
Using the ribbon
Select the various panel layout commands from the Panel tab on the ribbon in AutoCAD Electrical.
Using the pull-down menu
Select the various panel layout commands from Panel Layout menu in AutoCAD Electrical.
Using the toolbar
If the Panel Layout toolbar is not visible, you can turn it on by right-clicking on a toolbar and selecting ACE:Panel Layout.
Using the mouse
Put your cursor over any panel component and click your right mouse button for a quick shortcut to AutoCAD Electrical commands. A component-specific menu displays at your cursor position.
Double-click the component itself to edit that component. The AutoCAD Electrical double-click feature is disabled if "selection" mode in AutoCAD is set to "Noun/Verb selection" (that is, system variable PICKFIRST is set to 1).