Table of contentsNo headers
Most products provide the option to include service packs in a deployment. You can download a service pack from autodesk.com, or use a service pack stored on a local hard drive or network location. In either case, the service pack will be applied only after the installation of the main product is completed.
If you select the Install Service Pack from autodesk.com button, the service pack will be automatically downloaded and you will not need to extract the MSP file.
You can add multiple service packs to a deployment only if the service packs are locally stored, not if you are downloading them from autodesk.com.
NoteIf the deployment process for the main product is canceled or fails, the service pack installation will automatically be canceled.
Two options are available for including service packs in deployments:
- Append the Service Pack onto the Deployment. When you append a service pack, the service pack is applied to the current deployment only. Multiple service packs may be appended to a deployment. The service pack file is included in the deployment and the service pack is applied after the product is deployed.
- Merge the Service Pack into the Administrative Image MSI File. With this option, the service pack is merged into the administrative image. Once merged, a service pack cannot be removed from the administrative image.
To extract a Microsoft Installer Patch (MSP) file from a service pack
- Download the service pack from the Support site for your product.
- Review the service pack Readme file for information about patch usage.
- Open a Windows command prompt and enter the patch file name followed by the /e switch and a target file name. Here is the general command format:
<local_drive:>\<patch_name>.exe /e <local_drive:>\<patch_name>.msp
Here is an example:
ProductSP1.exe /e ./ProductSP1.msp
where ProductSP1.exe is the name of the downloaded patch and ProductSP1.msp is the name of the extracted file. Using ‘./’ in front of the extraction file name places the extracted file in the same folder as the original executable. The “e” command line switch extracts the MSP file from the executable.
To include a service pack with the deployment
To include a service pack with a deployment, an MSP file must be extracted from the downloaded service pack executable.
- On the Include Service Packs page, click the Browse button.
- In the Open dialog box, locate the service pack you want to include with the deployment.
- Select the MSP file and click Open.
- Specify whether you want to append the service pack to the deployment or merge the service pack into the administrative image.
- Click Next.