Table of contentsNo headers
The User Post feature for AutoCAD Electrical reports looks for a .lsp and .dcl for the report you are running. For more information on User Posts, go to Generate Reports > Expand Report Generator in References section > Expand User Post.
These files can be customized to:
- combine values in multiple fields into one field
- perform calculations on data
- add data not in a report by default
- add fields to a report when combined with the User-Defined attributes functionality
Attached are examples of some user posts:
- SH_REF_TAG_BOM.ZIP - Add REF and SH fields to the Schematic Bill of Materials: By Tag format. For this user post to work you must add REF and SH to the User-Defined attributes definition. REF must be the first one in the list. SH must be the second one. Adding these to the User-Defined attribute will add these blank fields to the report, then the user post will populate the fields.
- pnlwcon.lsp - Adds the Desc1, Desc2, Desc3 for components in place of the X, Y, Z fields in the Panel Wire Connection report.
- wirefrm2.zip - sorts the Wire From/To report by wire number, makes one row per wire number combining the CMP:PIN1 fields into one cell separated by commas, and the same for the CMP:PIN2. The idea is to have all the components on the same wire network in one row in the report.
When creating your own user post remember that each report has different fields and a different field order so you can't just copy and paste from one user post to another. You need to update the copied code to make sure that the data is being placed into the correct fields for that report.