Table of contentsNo headers
The Platform API has been made to be as consistent as possible between AutoCAD Map 3D and MapGuide. However, there are some differences, especially in the way they handle resources.
- AutoCAD Map 3D does not use ApplicationDefinition, DrawingSource, Folder, LoadProcedure, Map, MapDefinition, PrintLayout, Selection, SymbolLibrary, or WebLayout resources.
- In AutoCAD Map 3D, the resources are stored inside the DWG drawing file or a DWT template drawing, not in an external database. This means that resources and their paths are specific to that drawing. In other words, the same repository path in another drawing may not be defined, or may refer to a different resource. If you need to share resources between drawings, you must add them to each drawing.
- Session repositories are not supported in AutoCAD Map 3D. All resources must be stored in the Library repository.
- AutoCAD Map 3D does not use resource headers. For any method that allows them, for example SetResource(), enter null for that parameter.
- The following methods in MgResourceService are not supported in AutoCAD Map 3D:
- The method of specifying the resource data for a file differs.
In MapGuide, the procedure is:
- In the feature source XML, provide the name of the SDF file. For example:
- Use ResourceService.SetResourceData() to specify the location of the resource data (the SDF file) on disk.
In AutoCAD Map 3D, the procedure is to specify the absolute location of the resource data in the feature source XML. For example:
<Value>C:\Map ObjectARX SDK\Map Samples\Platform\BuildMap\Data\SDF\Buffered.sdf</Value>
No call to ResourceSerivce.SetResourceData() is required.
AutoCAD Map 3Ddoes use ResourceService.SetResourceData() for streams, but only for the configuration information for ODBC/WMS/Raster feature sources.