Welcome Email and Installation
Getting started in Autodesk® BIM 360™ Glue® begins when you receive an email invitation to join a BIM 360 Glue project. Glue invitations are managed by a host organization such as a general contractor, engineering firm, or owner organization.
- In the Welcome to BIM 360 Glue email, select the link as shown here to launch the application. The welcome email is user-specific and should not be forwarded.
IMPORTANT: All new users must use this email to access BIM 360 Glue for the first time.
- Wait for BIM 360 Glue to complete the installation. When installation is complete, the Autodesk Account Sign In page displays.
Note64-bit and 32-bit versions are available for download.
Troubleshooting: Go to Did Not Receive a Welcome Email? and Autodesk ID Sign In.
- If you have trouble logging in with your Autodesk ID, see Autodesk ID Sign In for instructions.
- If you have installation issues, check the Security settings in Internet Options to ensure that http:bim360.autodesk.com is added to the Trusted Sites, and that .NET framework and .NET reliance components are enabled.
IMPORTANT: See Troubleshooting for additional BIM 360 Glue troubleshooting tips.
Sign in to BIM 360 Glue
- Sign in to BIM 360 Glue with your Autodesk account credentials. The host field is auto-populated and set by the administrator.
If you don't have an Autodesk ID, click Need an Autodesk ID? as shown above and proceed with step 2.
Enter your personal, contact, and account information and then click Create an Account.
You may be prompted to try again if you entered a username that is already in use, or an ID is already associated with your email. To verify credentials or reset your password, go to http://accounts.autodesk.com/.
See Autodesk ID Sign In for detailed Autodesk ID sign in instructions.
Get the BIM 360 Glue Access Add-ins Apps
In the top right corner click Add-ins, or go to the Add-ins website. See Installing Add-Ins.
After you install the Add-ins Apps, when you open the design application such as Revit, Civil 3D, or Navisworks, the Glue command icon displays in the ribbon. See Uploading Models.
Minimum Software and Hardware Requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/7 Operating system
- Intel Processor 1.8 MHz
- RAM ‐ 1 GB if Windows XP, 2 GB if Vista or Windows 7
- Intel GMA (integrated) or 64 MB Video RAM (dedicated)
Security and Firewall Checklist
- Internet Explorer is not blocking scripts
- http://bim360.autodesk.com is in the firewall's safe list
- Standard TCP/UDP/IP ports 80 and 443 are not blocked
- http://bim360.autodesk.com bypasses the filter group & the traffic shaper in the content filter, bandwidth management, and application control software.
- Local network & security policies do not block scripts, Web applications & Silverlight/flash applications (or allow these for bim360.autodesk.com)
Preparation for using BIM 360 Glue off-site
When traveling, you may be connecting to a Guest Network with unknown levels of Security and Firewalls settings. Do one of the following:
- Send their IT our Security and Firewall Checklist and Test it at their offices first
- Bring your own Hotspot or MiFi device to insure an independent connection
- Schedule to have a BIM 360 Glue expert attend the presentation or help present with gotomeeting.