With the Project Wizard, you can build a checklist of items to track modules or sections of the project to be set up, with special notations being made if the sections were copied or set up manually. The checklist serves as a central document that encompasses all project-specific setup items, so you can track project setup progress.
You can access the Project Wizard from Projects or Project Checklist.
After a project is created with the Project Wizard, the state of the project is Uninitialized until all of the necessary files have been copied and updated, then the State becomes Active.
NoteYou cannot access the details of the project until it is fully initialized in the system. The person who creates the new project will receive email notification upon completion.
If project information is accessed before it is complete, the following message displays:
Initiating the Project Wizard
To initiate the Project Wizard:
- Access the first step of the Project Wizard by clicking New Project button while in Project InformationProject Checklist, or New in the Projects or Project Details.
- Choose if you want to create a project manually or copy an existing one.
- If the Copy option is selected, choose which items to copy.
- Select any additional Checklist Items, which are Constructware modules.
- You can only add those Items to which you have access.
- If you select Project Specific Attributes, the items Project Lookup Tables and Budget and Budget Codes , Markup Formulas and Project CSI codes are also selected automatically (as the attribute may be derived from these areas).
- If you select the Include Permissions and Auto-Notifications checkbox and the Project Team checkbox, but do not select the Include Groups checkbox, then only individual users’ and the project team group permissions and notifications will be copied—no other group permissions or notifications will be copied.
- If you select the Include Permissions and Auto-Notifications checkbox but do not select the Project Team or Include Groups checkbox, then no permissions or notifications will be copied.
- To save navigation, you can link directly to these modules or document types and perform actions on them (provided you have permission to do so) by clicking the Take Action button beside the Checklist Item.
- Example: Selecting a Checklist item, clicking the Take Action button, and then choosing Edit opens the Edit pop-up for the selected Checklist Item or module.
- Confirm the Sections to copy and the checklist items to be created and complete the wizard.