Table of contentsNo headers
Templates use bookmarks to direct Microsoft Word to the specific data within Constructware. Bookmarks tell Microsoft Word what information to retrieve and where to place it in the template.
You can access an extensive list of bookmark buttons in MaintenanceData MaintenanceDocument Templates.
To define bookmarks in Microsoft Word:
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Open your template.
- Highlight the text you want to Bookmark.
- In Word, select InsertBookmarks.
- Type the bookmark name.
- Type the bookmark name exactly as it appears in the list. Bookmarks cannot contain spaces.
- Click Add to add the bookmark to the list.
- The text you highlighted now appears framed by brackets.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 until you bookmark each of the generic descriptors.
- Save your template.
Do not place bookmarks in protected areas of the document, unless you provide the password to unprotect the document in Document Templates.