How to add your knowledge
Task Roles and Status
Depending on your role related the Tasks, the actions you can perform on the Edit page may differ. The following role descriptions provide more information:
- Can edit all fields regardless of the task state.
- Can change the task state to “Closed”.
- Due date changes are logged as notations
- Has limited actions once a task is marked “Closed” or “Complete”. Example, once you mark a task “Complete”, you cannot change the due date.
Available fields are driven by status:
- Pending Acceptance: User can accept and reject the task and enter notes about the task.
- Open: Limited fields are available for the user. User cannot close the task, but can mark it completed.
- Completed: Cannot edit any of the fields on the task.
Administrator (based on permissions)
- Can perform the same actions as the task owner on all tasks.
The status of a task can be any of the following:
- Pending Acceptance– Pending acceptance from the Responsible user.
- Open– The Responsible user has accepted the Task.
- Closed– All work is verified as complete. Only the Task Owner or an Administrator can change the status to closed.
- Completed– All work is completed. The Owner or Responsible user can change the Task to Complete.
- On Hold– The Task Owner or Responsible user can put work on the Task on hold.
- Rejected– Responsible user rejected the Task.
- When you create a task and make yourself the Responsible user, the status is automatically set to Open. If you make someone else responsible, the status is automatically set to Pending Acceptance.
- Once a task is accepted, the accepted field shows the appropriate date stamp read only; else the accepted field does not appear on the edit page.
Message will close by itself in seconds
Message timer has been stopped