Table of contentsNo headers
To check in a file:
- Navigate to: File ManagementFile Director.
- Select the file(s) to check in by checking the corresponding box in the log.
- Click Check In.
- A window opens listing the files to be checked in the File Name column.
- The files are uploaded from the original location to which they were checked out. If the files have been moved from this original location, undo the check out in Constructware then add the files again.
- If an additional reference file is added while checked out and is then detected and uploaded, an Add File dialog opens as an additional step in the check-in process.
- When checking files back in, you have additional options of Check in new version (default), Overwrite, and No Action. Overwrite (overwrites the existing file), Create New Version (creates another version of the existing file leaving the original intact), and No Action.
- Optionally, add users to the Additional Notification selection. This notification is in addition to the auto-notification established for this folder. Selecting the auto-notification link displays the auto-notification for the action being performed for this folder.
- Click Continue.
- Files are uploaded to the File Director folder from which they were checked out.
- Only a user who checked out a file can check it back in.
- Checking in the file removes the Checked Out icon and the name listed in the Checked Out By column.
- Creating a new version creates an additional file. Versions are auto-numbered sequentially.
- If you do not check in new versions of the reference files but check in a new version of the master file, the relationship between the new master and the existing reference files is enforced.
- You must have Check In/Check Out permission in the folder to use the Check In or Check Out features.
You can also check in a recently created or modified document by navigating to the Personal OrganizerCW DesktopRecent Tab.