Markup Formulas can be created in two places in Constructware:
- Specific project through Cost ManagementMarkup Formulas
- Multiple projects through MaintenanceData MaintenanceMarkup Formulas
You can create and modify existing default markup formulas (for example, CM at Risk Markups, GC Markups for Client X, and so on) that can be used in the Cost Events, RCOs, and OCOs modules. You can create any number of markup formulas, and the formulas can include many markups that can be compounded (for example, profit on all base costs and overhead).
The reason for creating markup formulas is to simplify calculations on any given project. Instead of manually calculating markups or being limited to simple calculations, create formulas with rules that perform the calculations for you.
You can apply markups to the cost side of the Cost to Complete report.
- Creating a Markup formula
- Establishing a Subtotal
- Applying a Markup Formula to a Cost Event, an OCO or an RCO.
Some helpful information about markups:
- Every markup must be contained in a subtotal defined by you. The subtotal determines the cost basis for the markups contained in it (for example, all markups in the Insurance and Bond subtotal are calculated on the base costs plus all overhead and profit).