Table of contentsNo headers
The Code Definitions tab allows you to define combinations of segments that make up a description. For example, "03-3500" might represent "Concrete Finishes", while "3500" has no meaning on its own.
To set default descriptions:
- Navigate to: MaintenanceData MaintenanceCost Code Templates.
- Click the Code Definitions tab.
- Click New.
- The New Code Definition pop-up window opens.
- Select the combination of cost code segments you want to define.
- Type the default description.
- For example, set a description for Div of 09 and CSI Detail of 250 to be Drywall. Thus, in a project budget you may input 09 250, and the system labels it as Drywall automatically.
- Select the state of the definition.
- The budget uses only Active definitions.
- Click one of the Save buttons:
- Save/Close: To save the segment value and return to the edit cost code segment window.
- Save: To save the segment value and leave the window open.
- Save/New: To save the segment value, close this window, and open a new segment value window.