MaintenanceData MaintenanceMarkup Formulas
A subtotal is used to perform intermediate calculations used for compound formulas. (for example, Insurance is calculated on Direct Cost + Overhead + Profit), and is also used to dictate the cost basis to the individual markup items. All Markups must be in a Subtotal. Note that you can create separate presentation subtotals on the Summary Groups tab, so that your subtotals used for calculation are not shown in your document.
If adding a subtotal to an existing Markup Formula, do this first
- Select the Project.
- Select the markup formula.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Markups tab.
- Click New.
- Continue with the following steps.
If continuing from Creating a Markup Formula
- Click the Subtotal radio button.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a name for your new Subtotal.
- Click Save.
- Click the Source Costs tab.
- Determine the cost basis (input) for the Markups in the subtotal. In our example, the direct costs, Overhead & Profit, and Tax & Burdens are included.
- If you want to make the markups in this subtotal iterative, add downstream items (items shown below the current subtotal on the Markups tab). For example, you can add Document Total as the source cost.
- It is often easier to determine the cost basis for the Markups by selecting a Subtotal and clicking the Move Up and/or Move Down buttons on the Markups tab to move the Subtotal and its contained Markups. This accomplishes the same result as manipulating the Source Costs tab.
- Click the Assigned Markup tab.
- This tab is used to determine which Markups belong in this Subtotal.
- It is often easier to move Markups into Subtotals by selecting an individual Markup and clicking the Move Up and/or Move Down buttons on the Markups tab. This accomplishes the same result as manipulating the Source Costs tab.
- Click New.
- Select a Markup to assign to the Subtotal you are creating. We are using the Insurance Markup Formula in our example. Repeat for each markup to include.
- Click Close if you are finished or click the General tab.
- Click Save/Close when you are finished, or Save/New to create another Subtotal.