Use the Save command in the Library menu to save a clip, reel, or Desktop to the current clip library.
NoteYou cannot save to read-only libraries.
To save a clip, reel, or Desktop to a clip library:
- In the Main menu, click Library.
- From the Clip Library box on the Desktop, select the clip library where you want to save the item.
- Click Save in the Library menu.
The cursor changes to a red selection arrow and the Media Type box appears.
- Select an option from the Media Type box.
|Select: ||To save: |
|Clip ||A clip or soft edit to the current clip library. |
|Reel ||A reel to the current clip library. |
|Desktop||The Desktop to the current clip library. |
When you select Clip or Reel, the selection cursor remains. When you select Desktop, a Confirm button appears.
- Do one of the following:
- To save a clip, click in its upper-left corner.
If the clip has a resolution that does not match the project resolution, the timecodes or frame numbers that appear on the clip on the Desktop and in the clip library are light blue.
- To save a reel, select any clip on the reel.
- To save a Desktop, click Confirm. To cancel, click in a grey area of the menu.
The on-screen keyboard appears.
- Type a name for the clip, reel, or Desktop and press Enter.
If the clip, reel, or Desktop already has a name, the name appears in the Name Entry field. You can change the name, or press Enter to accept the existing one.
- If there are already one or more entries in the clip library with the same name and of the same type that you are saving, a warning message states that an entry with the same name already exists and the Add, Replace, and Rename buttons appear.
|Click: ||To: |
|Add ||Add the clip, reel, or Desktop to the clip library. You will have two entries with the same name in the clip library. |
|Replace ||Replace the existing entry or entries with the clip, reel, or Desktop you are saving. |
|Rename ||Enter a different name for the clip, reel, or Desktop you are saving. |
To cancel the operation, click elsewhere in the menu.