Table of contentsNo headers
Encode clips using the following procedure.
To encode a clip:
- From the Export menu, choose Selected or Entire List.
The export window appears.
- Name the export session.
This name is used to create a subdirectory on the server to hold the encoded clips. If no Session name is entered, the name of the first clip selected, when entering the export panel, is used.
You can save this session at any time. From the Presets menu, select Save or Save As. From this menu, you can also load a previously saved session or delete one.
- If you previously made a selection of clips, it will appear in the list. Otherwise, click Select.
A browser appears.
- Select one or more clips and click Add. When you are finished, click Done.
The selected clips appear in the Input Clips list.
- Click the Output Settings tab and set your encoding options, as desired.
You can select multiple output widths.
- Click the Submit Job tab and click Export.
A progress bar appears to indicate how much of the job has completed.
- Click Done to continue.
The Submit Job tab reappears with new options.
- Click View Content to open a new browser displaying the server directory containing the generated clip.
The directory created on the server is based on the export session name.
WiretapCentral exports encoded clips to the following directory, as seen by a Web browser:
- Click Create Package to add the clip, or clips, to a TAR file.
You can copy this path to the clipboard and then paste it in a browser to access the file.
You can also view this, and all created, packages. From the Export menu, click View Packages.
You should download the files once the encoding is complete to avoid losing them if the storage capacity is reached.
- When you are done, close the window.
You can also return to the previous tab to export other formats of the same clips.