How to add your knowledge
What's New in Media Management
Updates to previously supported formats as well as support to new formats enhances Smoke's versatility.
Support for RED 3.2
The Wiretap Gateway, which powers the Gateway libraries and Wiretap Central, includes new transcode options that are part of the Red SDK 3.2.
The new options are:
- New colour spaces (REDColor2, Adobe 1998)
- New gamma curves (REDgamma2, REDLogFilm)
Also, when browsing R3D files, the REDcode compression ratio and codec used for recording the clip are now displayed.
These options and features are available in Flame, Smoke, Lustre, and Wiretap Central.
Support for ARRIRAW 3.0
The Wiretap Gateway, which powers the Gateway libraries and Wiretap Central, has been updated to support the 3.0 version of the ARRIRAW SDK.
Improvements for Sequences
Support for sequence import has been improved.
New Media File Formats
Smoke now supports the following file formats through Gateway library imports.
- 16-bit DPX files, which get converted to 12-bit unpacked DPX files.
- .hdr files which can be used as IBL maps without being first converted. Usually used in an Action setup.
- .precomp files, also known as precomp files, or Maya Pre-Compositing files. Usually used directly in Batch through an Gateway Import node. See About Precomp Files.
- .clip files, also known as Gateway Clips. Usually used directly in Batch through an Gateway Import node. See About Gateway Clip Files.
Message will close by itself in seconds
Message timer has been stopped