Once you import an EDL, you can edit any value except the event number. This includes:
- The tape name for single or multiple events
- The audio patching information
- The transition duration and speed value of dissolves
- A cut to a dissolve or wipe
- The source and record timecodes of events
These tasks are described in the following sections. You can open multiple EDLs and copy and paste events between them. You can also use Auto Edit mode to quickly make changes to the entries you specify.
NoteEDLs with references to a generated output tape (EDLs created with the Export EDL feature using the Output All or Output Generated option) are opened as read-only and cannot be edited. To edit a read-only EDL, save it to the filesystem with a different name.