In a conventional wipe, the incoming clip appears as if it was keyed in from a background clip. In a custom transition, new outgoing and incoming clips are created and added to the Source Area. These new “dummy” sources can then be modified in any module. For example, use the Paint module to create a transition where the outgoing clip is erased by brush strokes to reveal the incoming clip.
To create a custom transition:
- Select the cut on the EditDesk record timeline where you want to place the custom transition.
- Click Custom.
A custom transition icon appears on the timeline.
- Select the alignment.
- Set the transition duration.
- Select the transition icon on the timeline.
- Press Ctrl+/ to copy the material under the transition icon to the Source Area.
- Swap the resulting clip from the module used to create the customized transition with the custom transition icon. See Swapping Transitions from the Source Area to the Timeline.