Table of contentsNo headers
If your Mac experienced a hard reboot (e.g. because of a power outage), when it restarts the operating system may mount the media storage incorrectly (for example, /Volumes/Storage1 instead of /Volumes/Storage). If so, Smoke will be unable to access the media storage.
To delete an incorrect mount point:
- On your Mac go to System Preferences > Sharing, and disable all the file services.
- In Finder use COMMAND+Shift+G to navigate to /Volumes.
- In /Volumes, find the incorrect mount point folder. It should have the name of the original mount point (for example, Storage), but its icon depicts a folder instead of a disk drive.
- Delete the folder.
- Restart the Mac. Restore System Preferences > Sharing settings.
- If the media storage is still not available after restart, use the Mac application Disk Utility to repair the media storage disk. See the Mac documentation for details.