A license is exported when the License Transfer Utility moves a product license from a computer to the online Autodesk server.
The license can be exported as public or private:
- Public means that anyone using the same serial number and their own user ID and password can import that license.
- Private means that you are reserving that license for yourself and the license can only be imported with the same serial number, user ID, and password that were used when it was exported.
If it has not been imported, a private license becomes public after 14 days.
To export a license
- On the computer where you want to export the license, start the License Transfer Utility.
The License Trasfer Utility (LTU) is located in: Applications | Autodesk | Smoke | Utilities.
The Export the License dialog box displays the Autodesk product name and serial number.
- Click Sign In.
- On the Log In page, enter your Autodesk user ID and password and click Log In.
- On the License Export page, confirm the export information.
- If you want to make the license available as a public import, click Make the license available as a public import.
- Click Export.
- On the License Export Confirmation page, click Finish.