Table of contentsNo headers
This section outlines the general workflow for installing or upgrading Burn and Backburner.
To install or upgrade Burn and Backburner:
- Install or upgrade Backburner on the system that will act as the Backburner Manager for submitted Burn jobs. See Installing Backburner Manager.
- Install or upgrade Burn on each render node to be used in the background processing network. See Installing Burn on Render Nodes.
- Activate each render node so it can receive and process jobs from Backburner Manager. See Connecting the Render Node to Backburner Manager.
- Configure Burn-related settings for the Autodesk Visual Effects and Finishing application. See Configuring Your Visual Effects and Finishing Application for Burn.
- If this is the first time you installed Burn on this render node, enable multicasting. See Configuring Multicasting.
- Optional: Install additional fonts on the render node, if necessary. See Installing Additional Fonts.
- Optional: Disable local Stone and Wire I/O operations on the render node to improve performance. See Disabling Local Stone and Wire I/O on Burn Nodes.
- Optional: If you are also running versions of Burn earlier than 2.0 on the same render node, synchronize the version of the Burn client and Burn server with the version of the Autodesk Visual Effects and Finishing application you are running. See Running Multiple Versions of Burn on the Same Node.
- License the systems on your background processing network. See Network Licensing.
- Start using Burn. See Using Burn.