Table of contentsNo headers
You cannot use a Wiretap Gateway, installed on a dedicated system, until it is licensed. A Wiretap Gateway installed with your product receives its license from the product.
Unlicensed Wiretap Gateway machines are labeled as such in WiretapCentral and in the Visual Effects, Finishing and Grading applications.
Although they still appear in the network tree, unlicensed Wiretap Gateways block all media I/O. When you attempt to play or import media through an unlicensed Wiretap Gateway, the operation fails and an “Unlicensed” error message is returned.
To license Wiretap Gateway through a remote (network) license server (Linux or Mac machine):
- Create the file /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/DL_licenseNetwork.dat on the machine running Wiretap Gateway.
- Put the following information in the file:
SERVER <license_server_machine_name> 0
To license (node locked) Wiretap Gateway (Linux or Mac machine):
- Open a terminal on the Wiretap Gateway system.
- Obtain the Discreet host ID of the system. Type:
A line similar to the following is output:
The Discreet host ID of this machine is “DLHOST01=25231AEF83AD9D5E9B2FA270DF4F20B1”
- Send the Discreet host ID line (including the DLHOST01= part) to the Autodesk Media and Entertainment Licensing Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For emergencies, you can acquire an immediate temporary emergency license using the emergency license generator at http://melicensing.autodesk.com/templicensing/
. A 4-day license code is e-mailed to the address you provide. To speak to a licensing representative call the Licensing Department toll-free in North America at 1-800-925-6442 between 8 AM and 8 PM EST. Outside of North America, call 1-514-954-7199.
- When you receive the license code, open the file /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/DL_license.dat in a text editor, and enter the license code.
NoteEdit this file with care; an incorrect character or missing space may prevent Wiretap Gateway from recognizing the license.
- Save and close the DL_license.dat file, and then restart Wiretap Gateway by using one of the following commands:
On Linux, become root and type:
On Mac OS X type:
sudo /usr/discreet/wiretapgateway/wiretapgatewayctl restart