Table of contentsNo headers
You can trim frames interactively. When you trim interactively, you scrub the Player to add frames to, or remove frames from, the in or out point.
To trim interactively:
- In the Storyboard, select the shot you want to trim.
- Click Editing in the main menu, and then click Edit to display the Edit menu.
- Enable Trim.
If the Editing While Grading button is enabled in the User settings, you can start interactively trimming shots from any menu by pressing Shift+T
. For more information about the Editing While Grading button, see System & Menu Settings
In Trim mode, you see the first frame of the shot in the left viewer, and the last frame in the right viewer.
- Do one of the following:
- To trim frames at the head, click the left viewer and then drag the cursor left to add frames or right to subtract frames.
- To trim frames at the tail, click the right viewer and then drag the cursor right to add frames or left to subtract frames.
- For greater control of the trim operation, middle-click as you drag to decrease the start frame by one frame or right-click to increase the offset by one frame.
- To exit the Interactive Trim mode, do one of the following:
- Click Trim.
- Press the Esc key.