Table of contentsNo headers
You can take a screen capture, or snapshot, of anything on your screen, inside or outside of the Design Review window. Create a 2D sheet using the tool. You can take a snapshot of a 2D sheet or a 3D model. You can also create a DWF file that includes snapshots which you can use to make a custom symbol catalog.
NoteTo maintain high quality when taking a snapshot, zoom in on the item you want to capture first, rather than taking a snapshot and then enlarging the snapshot.
To create a 2D sheet by taking a snapshot
- In Design Review, create a file or open an existing DWF file to contain the snapshot.
- Prepare the subject of your snapshot.
- If the subject of your snapshot is within the open DWF file, show the sheet on the canvas that contains the content you want to capture.
- If the subject of your snapshot is in another file, open the file and show the sheet on the canvas that contains the content you want to capture.
- Click panel . tab
The capture window opens.
- Optional: If the Design Review window obscures the subject of your snapshot, position the subject on the screen so that it is visible and can be captured. The capture window remains on top.
- Optional: Move the capture window by clicking anywhere on the gray bar and dragging it to the desired location.
- Optional: Resize the capture window by typing the desired number of pixels in the Width and Height text boxes. You can also place the mouse pointer over one of the edges or corners of the capture window until the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow. Then click and drag the edge or corner to the desired size.
TipAs you drag the capture window, press and hold Ctrl to make the capture window square or Shift to maintain the capture window proportions.
- On the gray bar of the capture window, click the button.
The new snapshot DWF sheet is shown on the canvas and is added as the last sheet in the Thumbnails and List View palettes.
A default paper size is applied to the new sheet according to the best fit of the snapshot onto the standard size set on the computer (Imperial or metric). The scale is set to 1:1.
The next time the
tool is used, it will open in the location and at the size in which you last used it.
To cancel a snapshot
- On the gray bar of the capture window, click the or press Esc. button