When you enter a module from the Desktop, you select the input clips that you want to work with. Each module allows for different variations of input clips, but the loading order is the same: front first, back second, matte third, and destination fourth. Exceptions to this are:
- The Paint and Text modules, where you have the option of entering without clips.
- The Batch module, where you can enter without clips and then input clips to the Batch Desktop using Batch nodes.
To load clips into a module:
- Click the module button in, for example, the Effects menu.
The cursor becomes an arrow.
- Select the clip on the Desktop reels by clicking its upper-left corner.
|Cursor: ||To select: |
|Red arrow ||The front clip |
|Green arrow ||The back clip |
|Blue arrow ||The matte clip |
- Once all the required clips for the module are selected, the cursor becomes a white arrow. Click the Desktop reel to select the destination for the processed result clip.
When you process clips from a module, they appear on the destination reel that you selected, with a red outline. The most recently processed clip on the Desktop always has a red outline.