Table of contentsNo headers
Create custom nodes of specific setups that you often use. A custom node can consist of a single node with specific settings or multiple nodes that create a particular effect.
You create custom nodes by dragging individual nodes, groups, branches, or entire trees into the User/Project bin.
To create a custom node:
- In the Selection Mode box, select the part of the process tree that you want to use as a custom node.
- Alt-click a node that is part of your selection, and then drag the selection on top of the User or Project tab. You can also drag the selection directly into the bin if it is the active bin.
The selection is copied to the bin. The original selection remains in the schematic.
NoteNo two custom nodes can share the same name. Attempting to drop a node into a custom bin with a similarly named node is not possible.
To use a custom node:
- Select a custom node from the User or Project bin. If necessary, scroll through the bin to find the node.
- Drag the node to the schematic to copy it, or press Ctrl+Alt and drag to move it to the schematic and remove it from the bin.
The same configuration of nodes and clips that was used to create the custom node appears in the schematic.
(a) Branch used to create custom node
You can use custom nodes as often as you like. Each time you drag a custom node to the schematic, a new number is appended to its name.
To manage the custom node bins:
- Select any of the following from the dropdown lists.
(a) Load dropdown list (b) Save dropdown list (c) Clear dropdown list
|Select: ||To: |
|Load Project Bin or Load User Bin from the Load dropdown list ||Load custom nodes from another project or user. |
NoteIf you load unsupported nodes, the unsupported nodes appear greyed out when dragged to the schematic.
|Save Project Bin or Save User Bin from the Save dropdown list ||Save the current custom nodes so they can be loaded by another project or user. |
|Clear Project Bin or Clear User Bin from the Clear dropdown list ||Delete all custom nodes in the Project or User bin. |
To reorder a node in the User/Project bin:
- Press Ctrl+Alt and drag the node to a new location. You can move nodes from one row to another as well as reorganize nodes within a row.
- Release the cursor when it changes to a green crosshair at the location where you want the node moved.
If you dragged the node on top of an existing node, the existing node shifts to the right and the moved node is inserted in its place.
To delete a custom node from the User/Project bin:
- Press Ctrl+Alt and drag the node to the bottom of the screen.
- Release the cursor when it changes to a delete cursor.
WarningThere is no undo capability when deleting a custom node.