Table of contentsNo headers
You can add 2:3 pulldown to a 24p master on output. You can also add PAL-pulldown to a 24p master, but this requires using the real-time deliverable feature.
To output a 24p clip with 2:3 pulldown:
- Follow the general procedure for outputting a clip. When asked to select a timing, select a 60i- or 59.94i-based timing.
- At the prompt: “Output all FCM mismatched clips?” click Confirm.
In the Output Clip menu, under the Deliverables tab, the Destination section now displays the correct frame rate of 30 fps. The Pulldown section also displays that pulldown is added to the clip.
(a) Destination frame rate (b) 24>DF Reference field (c) AA Reference field
- In the AA Reference field, enter a timecode on the tape that corresponds to an AA frame.
- If the tape is drop frame, in the 24>DF Reference field, enter the drop frame reference timecode.
If you output a 24 fps clip to a drop frame tape, and you want to output to the same spot on the tape, use the same reference timecode that was used when you input the clip. The Drop Frame Reference Timecode field is used to calculate the correct in point on the drop frame tape. When you set the reference timecode in this field, note that the in point timecode field is updated accordingly.
- Return to the Output tab and set the In and Out timecodes.
When outputting with 2:3 insertion, the Duration field is automatically adjusted to display the total number of frames after insertion.
In and out 2:3 pulldown frames appear when 2:3 Insertion is enabled in the Engineering menu. They indicate which type of inserted frame falls at the specified in- and out-timecode. When outputting clips:
- The in point can occur at any 2:3 pulldown frame except D/D.
- The out point can occur at any 2:3 pulldown frame except B/C.
This ensures the integrity of the output material on the tape.
- Continue the procedure for outputting a clip. See Outputting Clips To a VTR.
To output a 24p clip with PAL pulldown:
- Add a Deliverable to the clip. See Creating and Modifying Deliverables.
- In the Destination section, select 25 fps as the frame rate.
(a) Frame Rate box (b) Pulldown button
- Enable Pulldown.
You can now output the clip with PAL pulldown by outputting this Deliverable.