Table of contentsNo headers
You can import as many EDLs as you want simultaneously. However, the EDL module displays only one EDL at a time. When you import an EDL, you have the option of converting the EDL to another frame rate, removing pulldown, and fixing timewarp errors. You can also import EDLs that reference material shot with Varicam. Since you can work in multiple resolutions in Smoke, you also have the option of importing an EDL at a non-native project frame rate.
In addition to EDLs, you can import ALE, FLX, ATN, TLC, OMF, and EDM files into the EDL module.
Use DLEDLs where you need to import multiple media files in a single pass. Using DLEDLs in your post-production workflow allows you to automate the import of media files (video and audio) residing in different locations. Instead of performing media import for each file separately, you can create a DLEDL and import all media files in a single operation, which allows you to significantly save processing time.
To import an EDL:
- In the clip library, from the Interchange Format box, select EDL.
- Click Import.
- In the Import EDL menu, click Load.
The file browser and the Load EDL menu appear.
- Select the type of file that you want to import from the EDL Type box.
Files of the selected type appear in the file browser.
- Set any options, such as Same Library Reel, EDL Conversion, 2:3 Removal Mode, Fix TW Match Frames, or Varicam. See About the Import EDL Menu.
- From the file browser, select the file to load.
TipTo load multiple EDLs, hold Ctrl and select the EDLs.
- Click Load.
The Import EDL menu reappears.
- To toggle the display between timecode and keycode, click the Timecode/Keycode button. Keycode will only be displayed if it is present and correctly corresponds to the timecode for events. If there is no keycode data for a particular event, timecode is displayed.
(a) Keycode for events (b) Keycode In column (c) Keycode Out column (d) Timecode for event with missing keycode
- Switch between the currently open EDLs by selecting the EDL that you want to view from the EDL box.