Smoke contains a number of predefined SMPTE wipe patterns. When creating a wipe, you can choose a wipe pattern from the file browser or enter the SMPTE pattern number in the Pattern Number field.
To add a SMPTE wipe:
- Select the transition where you want to create the wipe.
- Click Wipe or press Page Down. You can also press Shift+Page Down to add a wipe on all tracks that have a cut at the point where the positioner is located.
The default wipe specified in the Preferences menu is added to the cut.
- To change the default wipe, click Pattern.
The file browser appears.
NoteIf you know the identification number of a specific SMPTE wipe, you can enter that number in the Pattern Number field to apply the wipe to the selected transition.
- Select a pattern from the list of available SMPTE wipes. Selecting a pattern causes you to exit the file browser.
- Select the alignment.
- Set the transition duration.