Table of contentsNo headers
To remove dust manually, you scan each frame visually for dust artefacts and draw boxes around any artefacts that you find.
To remove dust manually:
- Follow all steps in Preparing for Dust Removal.
- Go to the first frame of the shot where you want to find and remove dust.
- On the image window, drag a box around each dust artefact that you find. Make the box as small as possible—to just surround the dust and leave five to ten pixels of space around the artefact. This reduces the portion of the image that is affected by the removal process. See Working with Boxes.
- If needed, tweak the Contrast, Grow, and Soft Edge parameters. Enable or disable Show Mask as needed. Any changes you make are applied only to the artefact in the currently selected box.
- Go to the next frame and check for artefacts, removing them as needed.
- Continue the process frame by frame until the shot is cleared of artefacts.
- If you are unable to successfully remove any artefacts, see Single Frame Dust Removal.