When starting Lustre, Visual Effects and Finishing systems running Wiretap servers on the same network are detected and displayed in the Browser by default. The Wiretap Server can be identified by its host name or IP address, depending on how the workstation's network settings have been configured. You can edit the init.config file to configure Lustre to restrict what is displayed to a specified selection of Wiretap servers if you want to limit access.
The Configuration File
All Wiretap-related items are located in the init.config file, located in the following directories:
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Lustre2013 (Windows)
- /usr/autodesk/lustre2013 (Linux)
To display a specified selection of Wiretap servers:
- Open the init.config file in a text editor.
- In the section, change the Wiretap server auto-detection state to 'Off'.
NoteSettings in the init.config file are case-sensitive. You must use a capital 'O' when setting the auto-detection state to Off.
- In the subsection of the section, add each Wiretap server's IP address or host ID to a separate line.
NoteThe Wiretap server string lines must be inside the open and close comment tags of the example.
For example, if your network uses DNS:
You can add as many workstations as you need in this list. Just add one WiretapServer line for each workstation.
- Save the init.config file and start Lustre.