You can install Burn without a license, but you must license it before you can use it. Burn uses a “floating” license system, made up of the following components.
- License Server: A Linux daemon that provides concurrent licenses to Burn nodes on your network as needed.
- Licensing clients: Each Burn node on the network that requests a license from the License Server.
To license a Burn network:
- Install the license server software if you do not already have a license server in your network.
- Get license codes.
- Create a license file for a remote license server.
- Configure nodes or workstations to get a license.
- Optionally Change the default port used by the license server.