You can draw open or closed splines to use as your 3D path.
To create a spline:
- Make sure that the Edit Mode box is in Create mode (this is the default when you first add a 3D Path node).
- In the image window, click to add vertices.
TipShift-drag to add freehand segments to the spline. Vertices are added where you drag, and appear when you release Shift. After closing or finishing the spline, you can use the Lasso Fit field to increase or decrease the number of vertices that define the freehand segments of the spline.
- To complete your spline, do one of the following:
- Click the first vertex to close the spline.
- Click Finish in the 3D Path tab to leave the spline open. If you decide later that you want to close the spline, enable Closed in the 3D Text tab.
- Make sure that the Edit Mode box is in Move mode, so that you do not add more vertices by mistake.
When the spline is closed or finished, its vertices and tangents can then be edited.