The Gateway .clip is an XML structured file that describes at least the following information.
- Physical location of files, and additional metadata information, such as timecode and keycode
- Clip versions
This documents to use notation as close as possible to DTD definitions.
- xml-element?: zero or one instance of xml-element;
- xml-element+: at least one instance of xml-element;
- xml-element*: any number of instances of xml-element;
- #cdata: a placeholder for data described in the xml-element description, usually a string of any valid characters;