Table of contentsNo headers
Before processing the grain filter, the image must be analysed. Use the Grain Analysis panel to perform an analysis on a selected frame. The grain profile for the shot is recalculated each time an analysis is performed. If you navigate to a different frame in the shot and analyze it, the grain profile will be based on the new data.
NoteIt is recommended that you perform an analysis on the entire image, then analyse multiple regions of the image, if required.
To analyse the grain profile of an image:
- Navigate to the frame you want to analyse.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to degrain the entire image, click Degrain in the Image menu.
- If you want to degrain a region of interest, click Degrain in the Colour menu.
- (Optional) Enable the Sub-Region Analysis button and define an area to analyse. For best results, define multiple regions of uniform colour with no features. See Working with Sub-Region Boxes.
- Click the Analyse button to determine the grain structure.