Table of contentsNo headers
You can boost image colours in the highlights of the selected range or entire image. Changes in gain mostly affect the highlights and do not change the black point of the image. Gain is similar to brightness in Log mode.
NoteWhen you use a slider or colour balance wheel to colour grade a shot, the colour range is limited by the control (the edge of the colour wheel, for example). Use the Autodesk control surface or the Tangent CP100 control surface to reach the full spectrum of colour.
To modify gain:
- Indicate whether this is the initial or final primary grade:
- To work on the initial primary colour grade, click Input.
- To make final adjustments to the primary colour grade, click Output.
- Select the image level you want to modify.
- Modify the image colours:
- To increase image colours uniformly, drag the Gain slider up.
- To decrease image colours uniformly, drag the Gain slider down.
- To offset the colours while maintaining the overall gain, enable Gain and then drag the Gain Balance wheel towards a colour you want to boost.
The selected colour is boosted while other colours in the image are offset to compensate for the change in gain.