Table of contentsNo headers
Create license files
- For a redundant network license server configuration, you must create the license files for the workstation and license server manually. See Create a license file for a remote license server and Configure the workstation to use a set of redundant license servers.
- To license the workstation with a local license or a single remote license server, use the license wizard:
- Start the application. If no license file is found, the License Wizard opens.
- Select “Yes, install the license code” and click Next.
- In the License Installation dialog, do one of the following and click next:
- If the license server is on the same machine as your Creative Finishing application, select Local Network License.
- If the license server is on another machine, select Remote Network License.
- Open the license file you received from Autodesk in a text editor or display its contents in the shell.
- In the Local Network License Installation dialog, select the license text and copy and paste the text into the field. The text should resemble the following:
Ensure the servername (in the first row) is replaced with the actual name of the computer your license server is on.
SERVER servername DLHOST03=2BB094B4722BDBECFA218BD3A6BB8F83
PACKAGE smokeadvanced_x86_64_r discreet_l \
- Click Install.
- Start the license server.
The license wizard creates the following license files:
- Workstation license: /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/DL_licenseNetwork.dat
- For a local license server, it creates the license server license: /usr/discreet/licserv/licenses/DL_license.dat.
- For a remote license server, you must create the license file for the license server manually. See Create a license file for a remote license server.