Table of contentsNo headers
Before installing CentOS distro for non-Autodesk hardware, you must add the Autodesk kickstart file to the DVD or first CD of your distribution so the Linux installer to install some packages. The custom Autodesk DVD of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Autodesk hardware already contains the Autodesk kickstart file.
To copy the kickstart file to the disc. Use the new disc as the DVD or first CD of the CentOS distribution you plan to install on the node.
- On a computer running Linux and with a CD or DVD burner, log in as root.
- If you did not download your distro as an iso image:
- Insert the DVD or first CD of your CentOS distribution into the drive. You do not need to mount it.
- In a terminal, get an ISO image of the disc by typing: dd if=/dev/ <CD/DVD device> of=/<destination path for the extracted ISO image>. For example: dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/ Centos5.iso
- Eject the disc.
- From the installation package, run dist/kickstart/build_kickstart_cd to add the kickstart file to the ISO image of your Linux distribution DVD or first CD. For example: dist/kickstart//build_kickstart_cd RHEL5_CentOS5_kickstart.cfg /tmp/Centos5.iso /tmp/Centos5_KS.iso.
- Do cdrecord -scanbus to get the address of your CD or DVD writer and use it to address the writer.
- Burn the new ISO image to a blank disc. For example: cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,4,0 /tmp/Centos5_KS.iso.