Table of contentsNo headers
To avoid conflicts with other applications or license servers in your facility, you may need to change the default port setting used by the license server, or license servers in the case of a redundant configuration. This requires a minor change to the DL_license.dat file on your license server(s), as well as on every Flare workstation.
To change the default port used by a license server:
- Log in as root to the license server and open /usr/discreet/licserv/licenses/DL_license.dat for editing.
- Find the SERVER line. By default, no port number is specified at the end of the SERVER line for a single license server and the license server uses default port number in the range of 27000-27009. By default, redundant license servers are set to port 27005.
- Enter a different port at the end of the SERVER line. The license server can use a default port number in the range of 27000-27009. For example: SERVER server DLHOST01=886C2B75E8E57E4B03D784C3A2100AC0 62222
- Save and close the file, then verify that the new port settings are correct:
For redundant license servers, reboot each server in close sequence to properly restart the license system.
- Look for messages similar to the following examples in the output, and verify that the port numbers are what you requested, e.g.:
15:08:49 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 62222
15:08:49 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
15:08:49 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 12344 specified in license file
15:08:49 (lmgrd) Started discreet_l (internet tcp_port 12344 pid 5013)
- Repeat with /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/DL_license.dat for each workstation, using the same port as the one you set for the license server.