Table of contentsNo headers
Install Burn on each dedicated render node. You can install Burn2013.1 alongside earlier versions of Burn. Installing Burn on Creative Finishing workstations is not supported.
- As root, in a terminal, Log in to the render node as root, and open a terminal. Prepare the installation media to access the installer.
- From the installation directory. Run the installation script: ./INSTALL_BURN. The Burn and Backburner Server packages are installed.
- If you are installing the Smoke for Mac OS X edition of Burn, you are prompted to enter the license server name or address and the license server MAC address. For more information on licensing Smoke for Mac applications, see the Autodesk Smoke Installation and Licensing Guide.
- If graphics are enabled, the following prompts appear:
- Do you want to automatically run the Backburner Manager on this machine? Click No.
- Do you want to automatically run the Backburner Server on this machine? Click Yes
- Do you want to enter the manager for this server? Click Yes.
- In the the manager.host file enter the host name or IP address of your Backburner Manager. Otherwise, close it without saving. You may edit this file later. See Connect the node to Backburner Manager.