Table of contentsNo headers
Enable multicasting in Stone and Wire. Unnecessary if upgrading an existing installation of Burn.
- Open the /usr/discreet/sw/cfg/sw_probed.cfg configuration file on the render node in a text editor.
- Set SelfDiscovery to Yes. Now sw_probed runs in self-discovery mode and it will automatically probe the network for other systems. This is set to Yes by default when Stone and Wire is installed on the render node.
- The Scope parameter defines the scope for the multicast. This parameter setting must be the same for all machines on your network.
- For networks with one subnet, set to LinkLocal.
- For networks with subnets, use a value that is appropriate for your requirements and router configuration, either OrganizationLocal, or GlobalWorld.
- If the workstations and Burn nodes in your facility are on separate networks connected through routers, use the ttl parameter in the file to specify the number of router hops for a multicast. Burn-related transfers across multiple routers may cause bottlenecks at network bridges, especially with jobs involving film frames. Using the ttlparameter may reduce multicast-related traffic and improve general network performance in your facility. Consult your network administrator for guidance on setting the appropriate values for your network.
- Save and close the sw_probed.cfg.
- Restart the sw_probed daemon: /etc/init.d/stone+wire restart.