Table of contentsNo headers
In certain situations, Autodesk Support might ask you to boot into "single user mode" in order to repair a disk or reset a root password. Here's how to do it:
- Boot up the Redhat workstation and interrupt the GRUB splash screen by pressing any key to enter the GRUB interactive menu (hint: It's the screen with the Redhat Logo on it)
- Select "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" with the version of the kernel that you wish to boot into single user mode. (hint: It's usually the second line down and ends in "ADSK.smp")
- Press "a" to append the line
- Using the arrow keys, scroll all the way to the right and at the end of the line type: single (hint: make sure to add a space in between the last character and "single")
- Press Enter to exit edit mode and boot into single user mode.