New standalone license mode for AIMS2012 windows version
Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012 windows version uses standalone license mode, the Network License Manager is not needed any more. You can use online activation to activate your product. The activator can be found in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012\Bin\ServerActivator.exe or in start menu.
Following part is deprecated for Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012 windows version, but still applies to MapGuide Enterprise 2011.
You can install the Network License Manager before or after you use the Installation wizard. The order in which you install the network applications does not matter, as long as you install everything you need and you provide consistent license server information across the network applications.
If an earlier version of the Network License Manager is already installed on the computer, you should upgrade by installing the Autodesk Network License Manager into the folder where the older version was located.
To install your Network License Manager
- In the Autodesk Installation wizard, click Install Tools and Utilities.
- On the Select the Products to Install page, select Autodesk Network License Manager and click Next.
- Review the Autodesk software license agreement for your country or region. You must accept this agreement to proceed with the installation. Choose your country or region, click I Accept, and then click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license and want to terminate the installation, click Cancel.
- On the Begin Installation page, review your product selection and the current settings. If you do not want to change anything, click Install. If you want to change the install type or installation path, click Configure.
- On the Select the Installation Location page, accept the default installation path (C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager) or Browse to specify a different path. If you enter a path that does not exist, a new folder is created using the name and location you provide. Click Next.
Do not install the Network License Manager on a remote drive. When you install the Network License Manager files, you must provide a path to a local drive. You must specify the drive letter; the universal naming convention (UNC) is not permitted.
- On the Configuration Complete page, click Configuration Complete to return to the confirmation page.
- On the Begin Installation page, click Install.
- When the Installation Complete page displays, click Finish.