In the Login dialog box, you can specify two connections: One is to the enterprise industry model and one is to the System User (
When you connect to the enterprise industry model or log in to Infrastructure Administrator, you establish the System User connection in the Login dialog box. There are two users for the enterprise industry model: MAPSYS and MAPMAIN. Mostly a default connection is specified during the configuration process. See also System User MAPSYS.
At the first launch of Infrastructure Administrator, after installing a newer Infrastructure Map Server version, you are prompted to update the enterprise industry model forms. Click Yes to start this update. If you are prompted to update the structure of the industry model, click Yes. See also Data Model Code.
To start Infrastructure Administrator
- Click Start menu > Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012 > Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator 20xx.
- Click .
- In the Login dialog box, enter your user name and password. The default user name is Administrator. You can leave the password empty.
- At the first login, you must connect to the System User. Click Options and enter the System User credentials. You specify these settings only once. See also To connect to the system user MAPSYS.
- Click > .
- Select a project and click Open.
- If no projects are available, click Cancel.
If you do not have an open project, only the basic setup commands are available in the Administrator explorer.
You start by clicking a command on the Administrator menus or by clicking an item in the Administrator explorer. See Exploring Infrastructure Administrator.
Infrastructure Administrator with explorer pane, menu bar, and property pane.
To start Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator from Infrastructure Map Server
- In the Maintenance workspace, connect to the enterprise industry model and log in as Administrator.
- Click > > .
To connect to the Main User (MAPMAIN)
- In the Maintenance workspace, click > > .
- In the Login dialog box, click Options to show all options.
- In the Main User section enter the login parameters for the Main User MAPMAIN.
User name: Check with your administrator.
Password: Check with your administrator.
Service name: Default ORCL (check with your administrator).
- Click Options again to hide the Main User section.
- Enter the login for the enterprise industry model. If you connect for the first time, use the following values:
User name: Administrator
Password: Leave empty.
NoteAdministrator is the default user, which is a member of the administrator user group. Later you can create more users and user groups to work with.
- Click Connect to connect to the enterprise industry model.
To open an enterprise industry modelproject
- In Infrastructure Map Server, switch to the Maintenance workspace.
- Click > > .
- Log in with the following values:
User Name: Administrator
Password: Leave empty.
These are default values. Ask your Administrator for your personal user name and password.
- Click Connect.
- In the Open Project dialog box select a project and click Open.
If no project exists, click Cancel. Ask your Administrator to create a project.
To connect to the enterprise industry model from the command line
To start the Infrastructure Application Extension
Open the browser and launch the Infrastructure Application Extension with the Desktop shortcut icon or with the following URL:
The login.aspx can also be used with optional parameters to automatically login and select a workspace.
The URLs should all be entered on a single line without any spaces.
To view the connected System user
- Start Infrastructure Administrator
- In the Login dialog box, click Options to display the System/Main User section.