Table of contentsNo headers
You can save any expression for reuse. You can share expressions you saved with other users.
You cannot save a calculation. The calculation becomes a property for the current feature class in the current map, but is not saved back to the original data store. You can export the feature class layer from the to create a feature that permanently includes the calculated property.
To save an expression
- Select the command for which you want to create an expression..
- Create the expression.
- When your expression is complete, click and select .
- In the dialog box that displays, specify a location and name for the saved expression file.
The next time you save or load an expression, this location will be displayed by default. To share this saved expression with another user, send that user the file from this location.
By default, the expression file name is the first element in the expression. All expressions use the file extension .fdq.
- Click .
To reuse a saved expression
- In your map, select the command that will use the expression.
- Click and select .
- Select the saved expression file to open and click .
The last location you used to save or load an expression is displayed by default. You can navigate to a different location.
The saved expression replaces whatever you entered in the expression area. Click to apply it.