If you have an Oracle-based enterprise industry model from a previous version of Infrastructure Map Server or Topobase, the main steps for updating it are listed below. Each step is documented in detail in the linked topics.
Enterprise Industry Model Requirements
Before starting the configuration, make sure you meet the following requirements.
- Oracle services are running.
- Infrastructure Map Server and Infrastructure Administrator are activated.
Update the Industry Model Structure
After you have installed a newer version of Infrastructure Map Server , the structure of your existing industry models has to be updated. These updates are driven by the version that is stored in IM_VERSION. The industry model structure update comprises the following:
- General structure updates, such as system table updates. This update is driven by the industry model version.
- Module-specific updates, such as adding new feature classes, or domain values. This update is driven by the module version.
- Updates of the extensions. This update is driven by the extension version, the data model code, and the data model version. This update covers the standard enterprise industry data models.
- Partner-specific enhancements. This update is driven by the custom module version.
- Customer-specific data model enhancements, such as country kit enhancements, are not covered by the standard updates. However, you can create customized data model files that can be used to provide specific data model enhancements and updates. See Using the Industry Model Editor.
Steps in this workflow: