Table of contentsNo headers
Exploded views of assemblies are often required. Autodesk Inventor utilizes Presentation files to create exploded views that can be placed into Inventor drawings.
- Exploded views can be created automatically using a supplied value. However, they most often require subsequent manipulation. Creating exploded views manually is usually more efficient.
- Components are exploded by applying "tweaks." They can be a simple transformation along a single axis or a combination of moves in various directions.
- Tweaks can leave visible "trails." They can be displayed or not displayed.
- Tweaks also provide rotate capabilities.
- Tweaks can be deleted which returns the component to the position occupied before the application of the tweak.
What Next? Exploded assembly views can be output as animations from the Presentation file. Explore the animation capabilities by clicking Animate on the Create panel of the Presentation tab. Animations created by this method cannot be rendered or manipulated with as much control as is possible using Inventor Studio. Explore the animation capabilities offered by Inventor Studio by completing the Studio - Animations tutorial.