Table of contentsNo headers
|Category ||Mechanical Design |
|Time Required ||60 minutes |
|Tutorial File Used ||Cylinder Clamp.iam metric_hole.ide 2mm_inplace_guard_start.idw |
Parts fabricated from sheet metal are commonly required in designs. Autodesk Inventor provides functionality that simplifies the design, editing, and documentation of both the finished folded model and flat patterns associated with sheet metal parts.
- Create a simple sheet metal guard working within the context of the Cylinder Clamp assembly that was used in the Assemblies tutorial.
- Add sheet metal-specific annotations to a drawing of the guard.
- Complete the Parts 2 and Assemblies tutorials.
- Understand the basics of sheet metal fabrication.
- Understand the material covered in the Help topic "Getting Started."
- Ensure that Autoproject edges for sketch creation and edit on the Sketch tab of the Application Options dialog box is not checked.
- Use Next or Previous at the bottom-left to advance to the next page or return to the previous one.