Table of contentsNo headers
To complete the folded model of your guard, mirror the three punched holes to the face on the opposite side. The Mirror functionality requires a plane to mirror across, and due to the steps used to construct this part, you cannot simply use one of the origin planes.
- On the ribbon, click Sheet Metal tab Work Features panel Plane and select Offset from Plane from the drop-down menu.
- In the graphics window, click the inside face shown in the following illustration:
- Enter 43 mm as the offset distance in the value input box. Then, click the green check mark to create the offset work plane in the middle of the guard and finish the command.
Note: 43 mm is one-half of the width of Cylinder Base.ipt. This value can be obtained by measuring between the inside faces of the guard, or by applying a dimension to the line that you initially projected to begin your sketch for the Contour Flange base feature.
- Click Sheet Metal tab Pattern panel Mirror .
- Click in the Model browser to select the iFeature node of the first 2.5-mm Punch.
- Click again in the Model browser to select the iFeature node of the second 12-mm Punch.
- Click the Mirror Plane selection arrow in the Mirror dialog box to enable selection of the mirror plane.
- In the graphics window, click the 43 mm offset work plane that you created in the middle of the guard.
- Click OK to mirror the selected Punch iFeatures and close the Mirror dialog box. Notice that a Mirror node appears in the Model browser.
By viewing your model from the opposite side, you can verify that the mirrored features have been created.
Next, you create a flat pattern of your folded model.
Previous | Next